Sr. iOS/Cloud Development Engineer - Development Engineering
TransMedics, Inc., headquartered in Andover, MA, is revolutionizing organ care. With the goal of bringing new life to organ transplant, the pioneering Organ Care System (OCS™) was developed to address the major limitations of the current standard of care, cold storage. The OCS System serves as a portable, miniature intensive care unit that helps preserve donor organs in a near-physiologic state during transport. Unlike traditional cold-storage methods, the OCS System features ex-vivo, warm perfusion, and provides the means to monitor organ health, so that transplant patients can experience better outcomes. The only multi-organ platform, with the largest body of clinical evidence, the OCS System is designed to increase utilization and transplant volumes so that more transplantable organs can be made available worldwide. The Organ Care System is nothing less than a paradigm shift that can help transform organ preservation and optimization so that more patients can benefit from life-saving transplant procedures.
TransMedics is developing the Next Generation Organ Care System and is looking for an exceptional iOS/Cloud development engineer with a proven track record of delivering exceptional user experiences using iOS, AWS, IoT and Web. We are looking for a savvy engineer that can apply cutting-edge techniques and technologies, build great products, develop reusable platforms and create an ecosystem of connected medical devices. A strong technical background in computer science and an expertise in iOS development, Java web development and AWS services are required. The ideal candidate will be extremely creative, highly motivated and passionate about designing, documenting and developing amazing user experiences that can help save lives.
We are not looking for an ordinary mobile device engineer, we are looking for a mobile device and cloud ninja!
- Given a vision for a product, extract technical requirements that need to be addressed by an iOS and Cloud solution
- Responsible for ensuring that the design is implemented using state of the art security and data protection that ensures HIPPA compliance.
- Architect, design, develop, and test iOS and Java software applications
- Plan software projects
- Write and analyze software requirements specifications
- Convert requirements into architecture and design specifications
- Convert UX designs into applications
- Write and execute software unit and system test plans and procedures
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams and leadership
- At least 7 years of experience performing software engineering activities with at least the last 5 years focused on iOS and AWS cloud mobile applications.
- Track record of developing iOS apps using Reactive Programming.
- Previous examples of architecting and deploying projects using AWS services including Lambda, IoT, DynamoDB, SQS and SMS.
- Previous development in web applications written in Java using spring is required.
- Expert in security techniques for mobile medical applications (previous experience with HIPPA is strongly desired)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, collaborative team that possesses a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Previous experience working with MDMs is desired
- Previous experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration platforms (e.g. Jenkins) is desired.
- Understanding of medical device development processes including experience with FDA CFR 820 and ISO 13485 regulations is desired.
- BS in Software Engineering, or equivalent is required
- Advanced degree strongly preferred